Creating safe spaces
The Bible consistently expresses God's heart for the wellbeing of vulnerable members of society.
Christ’s words and example provide a strong rationale for churches being responsible for all those in their care. BCWA takes this responsibility very seriously and seeks to create safe spaces where people feel comfortable and secure.
Our Safe Church ministry incorporates an awareness workshop for leaders in churches, from pastors and elders to those in-home groups, seniors’ ministry, youth group, Sunday school and more.
BCWA Safe Church Training is available to churches that are affiliated with us. Our informative and practical workshops cover Biblical foundations for safe practices, protecting the vulnerable, safe leadership, and safe programs.
Protecting vulnerable people
BCWA run a number of Awareness (first time) and Refresher training programs throughout the year. To complete these, you must first complete an online preparation course either face-to-face or over Zoom, on one of our advertised dates.
We also hold a limited number of face-to-face full training sessions that do not require online training to be completed prior to attending. To register for one of these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and advise the 4 hour workshop (from the available dates listed) that you would like to attend.
Face-to-face - 4 Hours
(register by emailing email@example.com):
- Sat 30 April 2022. 9.00am-1.00pm (Geraldton Baptist Church, Geraldton)
– Awareness & Refresher
Face-to-face - 2 Hours
(requires completion of Online Training before attending):
- Sat 2 April 2022. 9.30 – 11.30am (Bunbury Baptist Church, Bunbury) – Awareness & Refresher
- Sat 2 April 2022. 2.00pm – 4.00pm (Busselton Baptist Community Church, Busselton) – Awareness & Refresher
- Sat 2 July 2022. 10.00am – 12.30pm (Coolbellup Community Church, Coolbellup) – Awareness & Refresher
- Sat 11 June 2022 9.30 – 11.30am (North Beach Baptist Church) – Refresher
- Sat 11 June 2022 12.30 – 2.30pm (North Beach Baptist Church) – Awareness
- Sat 17 Sept 2022. 9.30 – 11.30am (Morling-Vose Campus, Bentley)
- Sat 17 Sept 2022. 12.30 – 2.30pm (Morling-Vose Campus, Bentley)
Zoom - 2 Hours
(requires completion of Online Training before participation):
- Wed 4 May 2022. 7.30pm – 9.30pm – Awareness & Refresher
- Sun 22 May 2022. 2.00pm – 4.00pm – Awareness & Refresher
- Wed 22 Jun 2022. 7.30pm – 9.30pm – Awareness & Refresher
- Sun 14 Aug 2022. 2.00pm – 4.00pm – Awareness & Refresher
- Wed 12 Oct 2022. 7.30pm – 9.30pm – Awareness & Refresher
- Sun 6 Nov 2022. 2.00pm – 4.00pm – Awareness & Refresher