Creating healthy church communities
Supporting your church
Creating healthy church communities.
Church leaders play a pivotal and influential role in overall church health, community, and culture (amongst other things).
It’s an immensely rewarding role, but of course, not without its challenges. BCWA’s Ministry Support & Standards Team provides support to churches and their leaders, including Lead/Sole Pastors, Councils (Elders/Deacons), Pastoral staff, and Ministry Leaders.
By offering a range of support services, we hope to facilitate the development of healthy churches, Pastors, leaders and ministries, including strengthening the relationships between member churches.
Here’s how we can help
We have two dedicated teams ready to provide practical assistance to member churches and associated ministries across two areas: Ministry Support and Ministry Standards.
From planting or establishing a church, through to peer support groups for Pastors, the Ministry Support Team covers a range of diverse services including:
- Church planting (or new to Baptist Churches) and rejuvenation.
- Evangelism & preaching.
- Church Health Reviews.
- Council/Board Governance support, including constitutions.
- Pastoral reviews.
- Pastoral search and placements, including guidelines and call documents.
- Accreditation of Pastors.
- Matching Pastors with Pastor peer groups.
- Specialised support for cross-cultural churches and NextGen ministries.
This team equips churches with both preventative and responsive strategies in helping local churches become and remain a safe place for all people. We’ll also come alongside to assist in challenging times through:
- Safe Church Programme, including training and implementation support.
- Advanced Safe Church Training for Pastors and Response Officers.
- Conflict resolution and complaints management.
- Professional standards, including persons of concern, and standards for accredited Pastors.
- Participation in the National Redress Scheme.
Let’s work together
For further information, get in touch. We’d love the opportunity to support your church and church leaders in the capacity that suits you best.